It was so fun to be interviewed by Jackie Martin on the Pop Up Positivity Show.
Jackie is the founder, and Chief Motivational Officer of A Matter of Motivation LLC, a business training and development firm focused on making change happen for your leaders and the individuals they lead. She also founded BMORE Learning. BMore Learning’s mission is encouraging parents and equipping students to get ready for life in the real world.
In this interview, we covered a wide range of topics, including:
- The impact of pandemic driven acceleration of technology adoption and what’s on the horizon?
- Women in technology
- Importance of intentional personal growth
- Choosing a curiosity mindset for staying on top of trends and overcoming fear
- Finding a better future through technology
- Asking new questions about the future: What if it’s better?
Prioritize life-long learning.
When it comes to personal growth, one of the best things that you can do to prepare yourself for the future is to develop the skill of learning. Technology is progressing at such a fast pace. You may learn something right now that will only be applicable for a short time. Perhaps relevant for a few years. Building the mental muscle to continually learn new things is crucial for navigating disruption and adapting in a world of accelerating change. This type of learning is not an event or a task, it’s about intentionally building a consistent habit. The most excellent investment that you can make in your future is right between your ears.
You can listen to the entire interview here.